You may want to restore your deck to make it look nice. Adding deck space provides more opportunities to relax and provide entertainment, and it can increase the value of your property. If deck refurbishing is in your near future, here are some of the trends expected this year.
- Roof decks: Increasingly popular among homeowners, they can offer more space and provide a nice view, too.
- Second story decks: Allow room for living space or outdoor storage below, where you can keep your firewood or yard equipment.
- Front porch/yard decks: Rather than in back, set up a deck in front with chairs and plants to add to your front façade.
- Freestanding decks: Away from the house, they provide isolated space; a pergola can be added to create sort of an outdoor room and hideaway.
- An outdoor deck with a clear, unobstructed view.
- A curved deck with a curved pool or curves in your landscaping.
- Shou Sugi Ban, an ancient wood-scorching technique from Japan, for a darker, bolder, unique-looking wood now popular for decks.
- Tropical composite decking that resembles natural hardwood, but which doesn’t require much labor or maintenance.
- Modified wood that is eco-friendly, durable, weather-resistant, natural, and virtually maintenance-free.
- Color, with different tones in the same family, varied to add dimension.
- Deck building kits to ease installation and save time.
A year of trends, 2018 is the time to consider a new installation or deck restoration. Call Deck Wizard today at 888-391-6207 for information, a free no-obligation evaluation, and details on no interest financing.